In the joint call for water technology research hosted by KAUTE Foundation and Erkki Paasikivi Foundation, a total of 93 000 euros were granted to five researchers in 2023.
A total of 30 applications were submitted by the deadline, seeking a total funding of 604 000 euros. This year, five grants were awarded, two grants from KAUTE Foundation’s Niilo V. and Lauri N. Santasalo fund, and three grants by the Erkki Paasikivi Foundation.
New grants were awarded to the following researchers:
- Anupam Dutta, University of Vaasa. Risk assessment of water investments: a machine learning approach.
- Mohammad Bhuyan, University of Oulu. Optimization of the preparation of silanemodified hydrophobic geopolymer foam and its application in separation of microplastics from water.
- Peyman Gholami, University of Helsinki. Photocatalytic removal of sulfonamide antibiotics from polluted water using carbon/layered double hydroxides-based nanocomposites.
In addition, two researchers were awarded with further funding:
- Parminder Kaur, Aalto University. Drinking water remediation onto redox heterogenous photo-electrocatalysis using perovskites-Fe3O4 impregnated carbon dot electrodes.
- Burcu Sayinli, University of Jyväskylä. Ferrate based technology for water purification and drinking water supply.
The next grant call will take place in autumn 2024.